The latest decision by the STJD president on the Mineiro Championship – suspending only the Ipatinga games – will impact Atletico-MG ‘s calendar in this 2023 sprint. The duel between Tigre and Galo was scheduled for February 4, a week before the classic against Cruzeiro.
The Mineiro Championship will start normally, after Otavio Noronha evaluates an appeal filed by the Minas Gerais Football Federation. Thus, Atletico faces Caldense next Saturday, the 21st, at Independência, at 4:30 pm. Only Ipatinga, accused of using irregular players in Module II of 2022, is left without playing (the fight is with Betim, who would inherit the spot in the elite if Tigre loses points).
Thus, even if there is not so much damage, all opponents of Ipatinga in the first phase will have the calendar affected. In the case of Galo, there will be about 10 days between the match against Tombense, on February 29, and the duel against Democrata SL on February 9. This is the last game before Coudet’s team faces Paulo Pezzolano’s team.
The classic between Cruzeiro and Atletico will be at Mineirao, on February 12th, Saturday, at 7pm . A week and a half later, Galo travels to Venezuela to face Carabobo in the first leg of the second phase of the Copa Libertadores.
In the Mineiro calendar, there is an “escape” date that can be used to receive games that were delayed or suspended. In a still hypothetical scenario of Ipatinga being released to compete in Module I, the duel with Galo could be scheduled for February 15, days after Atletico’s meeting with Cruzeiro. But, of course, the Vale do Aco team will be full of overdue games.
The first phase of the Campeonato Mineiro continues to be disputed by 12 teams (now 11), which were separated into three groups. Teams from the same group do not face each other, and the top three, in addition to the best runner-up overall, go to the semifinal. Galo, America-MG and Cruzeiro are separated by switching.
- 1/21 (Saturday, at 4:30 pm) Atletico x Caldense – Independência
- 1/29 (Sunday, at 11 am) Tombense x Atletico – Soares de Azevedo
- 4/2 (Saturday, at 7pm) Ipatinga vs Atletico – Ipatingao
- 9/2 (Thursday, at 8 pm) Atletico x Democrata-SL – Independência
- 2/12 (Sunday, at 7pm) Cruzeiro x Atletico – Mineirao
- 02/18 (Saturday, at 4:30 pm) Atletico x Patrocinense – Independência
- 2/22 (Wednesday, at 9:30 pm) Carabobo vs. Atletico – Venezuela
- 25/2 (Saturday, at 16:30) Atletico x America – Mineirao
- 1/3 (Wednesday, at 21:30) Atletico x Carabobo – Mineirao
- 3/4 (Saturday, at 4:30 pm) Democrata-GV x Atletico – Mamudao